Christian women are not just like other women. They are unique women. Proverbs 31: 10 hints at this uniqueness when it asks: Who can find a virtuous woman...?”
Women of God are powerful. The role and influence of Christian women determine how the world is and how it will be ruled. Before we go further, let’s consider this first: Who is a Christian woman?
A Christian woman is simply a woman who has accepted Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Saviour. This woman lives her life daily under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and in line with the word of God.
If she is single, a Christian woman is a symbol of diligence, strength and resourcefulness. She has the qualities that nurture a Godly outlook about life. She is caring and possesses a large heart. She is also selfless in her dealings with others.
If she is a mother, a Christian woman is the pivot on which all activities in the home revolves. Like a magnet, she draws all members of the family together. She plays the role of confidant, motivator, prayer warrior, resident physician, educationist, as well as many other roles.
Over the years, women of God have made great impact in the lives of people and have helped shape the destinies of societies and nations. Some of these famous Christian women include Fanny Crosby, Catherine Booth, Ruth Graham, Mother Theresa.
The Challenge Facing Christian Women in the 21st Century
Since Christian women occupy a prominent position and play a very important role, it is necessary that they seek God’s guidance and help to positively impact not only their families and immediate communities but the world at large. This is because…
When a woman serves the Lord faithfully, she brings God’s love into her family and society for generations to come. How can Christian women in the 21st century fully achieve this goal?
Every woman who believes in Christ must develop herself spiritually, socially, emotionally, academically and physically.
Obviously, women cannot fulfill their roles without the grace of God. And this grace begins with salvation. Any woman who desires to be a woman of God indeed must therefore be born-again. This involves:
• Yielding herself totally to God
• Turning away from every sin in genuine repentance
• Accepting Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Saviour
• Maintaining a close relationship with God and people of like faith.
Speaking of associating with women of the same faith, every woman should take advantage of the various Christian conferences and christian retreats aimed at bringing women together. These occasions help build up a woman’s walk with Christ.
A woman of God also must be:
• Wise and this means that whenever she speaks, she must be tactful, considerate and positive – Proverbs 31:26.
• Holy in heart and in all she does – 1 Peter 1:15, 16.
• Obedient to God’s word – 1 Peter 1:14, 22.
• Loving and takes good care of her family – Proverbs 31:27.
• Excellent in spirit and in all things – Daniel 5:12
• Selfless and sacrificial – Romans 12:1.
• Organized in all her affairs especially at home – Titus 2:5.
• A role model to her children – 2 Timothy 1:5.
• Energetic and a woman who appreciates the need for exercising her body – Proverbs 31: 17 – 19.
Women should have a personal encounter with God and cultivate fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
Why? Because doing this will draw heaven’s resources to help them face life’s battle every day. It will also give them the confidence to say that they’re “far more precious than jewels…” (Proverbs 31:10 AMP).